SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runninginplace

Interior Therapy-Jeff Lewis' New Show (LONG)

runninginplace
12 years ago

Anyone else see the first episode this week? First impression is meh. Didn't hold my interest the way I was hoping it would and the way Flipping Out always does.

[SPOILER ALERT]

The premise is that Jeff and Jenni move in with a family and do a super-accelerated remodel of a problem area in the home. Zoila also appeared briefly--a cameo role if you will.

In the first episode the family consisted of a truly obnoxious SAH Beverly Hills whip thin wife who seemingly lived to micromanage her household, most especially her husband. He was an asset manager aka wealth manager according to Jeff. However, for the life of me I couldn't figure out how the guy has enough wherewithal to get out of the house in the morning much less make enough scratch to keep his super-*itch spouse in designer clothes, a Range Rover and a house in la la land. Throughout the show all he did was either whine about being henpecked or scurry around cleaning up. They had 3 kids, all with painfully trendy names. One was Quinn, the other two I've already forgotten. To top off the dysfunction this couple had given their oldest kid the master bedroom(!) and were using a smaller bedroom just so the wife could use an adjacent walk in closet for all her clothes(!!).

Anyway the problem area in this episode was the couple's bedroom. I'm not at all sure just why the conceit is to do one of those Trading Places style makeover-in-30-second type shows, but the time frame for an entire remodel including gut job in a master bath was 5 days. As mentioned Jeff and Jenni actually moved in with the family which was also somewhat mystifying. Although that did lead to the only funny/interesting moments of the show for me: some quick scenes of Jeff horsing around with Jenni and once with Zoila. Only those few brief sequences IMO had the same warmth and humor that is shown so much on Flipping Out.

It got done but it wasn't all that interesting to me. I MUCH prefer to watch Flipping Out with Jeff, Jenni, Zoila, Gage and the rest of the cast of thousands that make up Jeff Lewis' world.

I've linked below to an interview with Jeff and Jenni about the show.

Opinions?

Here is a link that might be useful: Jeff and Jenni Interview

Comments (9)