SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rivkadr

Pets Telling You That Something is Wrong?

16 years ago

Have you ever had that happen, i.e. along the lines of Lassie telling her owners that Timmy has fallen in the well?

We had our own small situation today. My husband was sitting in the office working on the computer, and our cat kept coming up to him and reaching up and tapping him on the arm. Usually that means she wants to be picked up and petted, but every time he tried to do that, she ran away to the door and looked back at him. He IMed me at work to tell me about it, and I said, "Well, maybe she's trying to tell you something."

So he followed her out to the living room, and our electricity is out, just in that room. No explanation for it -- the breakers aren't tripped or anything. He has called an electrician to look into it. I have no idea how or why she would know something is wrong in that room, but somehow she did (perhaps the lights flickered and went out while she was in there? Who knows.)

Our kitty is now happily curled up on the chair in the office. Her mission to inform him is completed.

Comments (22)