SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joffeyu

Kitchen Remodel in a day! Give me your Crazy Ideas!

joffeyu
16 years ago

Hello home enthusiasts. I am hoping for some great ideas.

We moved into a great old house with a lousy kitchen about 6 months ago. We dream of a beautiful kitchen remodel, but don't have it in us at this time for a number of reasons. But I can't live with what we have any longer. So, I ordered appliances without much of a plan (Fratelli Range, Bosch dishwasher, Amana French Door refrigerator).

My husband and I are going to just do it ourselves! With three little kids, we are going to put them to bed and for the next three nights do this kitchen before the appliances come!

That's the explanation. On the CHEAP, we need to:

Lay down a floor over a horrible existing vinyl floor. More vinyl? Some other option? Where can I find something cool?

Paint (color? the dining room next to it is Dry Sage and Camouflage with dark wood trim)

Rip up flourescent counters and put down find countertops to put over the appliances when they come (ikea?)

Figure out how to do some make-shift cabinets around the appliances when they come.

Nuts I know. The main thing is to paint and get a floor down before the appliances come. I am going to shop for a floor tonight!

We will remodel this kitchen in a few years, so whatever we do is kind of temporary but we need to live with it for a while. Let's have some fun! Ideas?

I should mention that it's an arts and crafts home, but not so much in the kitchen. There are some existing cool features, though. There are tin walls, and a built in cabinet area with glass cabinets and an old marble counter. This is the only part that I think is original to the house.

Help!

Comments (16)