SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msazadi

Gardenlad...your smothered pork chop recipe...???s

msazadi
16 years ago

You posted a recipe over on RE and it was what I have been thinking about as it got cooler. My mil used to make a version of this ...she almost always started off with a stick of butter to brown anything! She also added potatoes and onions on top but pretty much did the same thing. She usually used an electric fry pan which was easy to clean I think plus she did make this in the summer too.

Would I keep the same time if I add the potatoes..thin, but not paper thin sliced? Maureen

Here is your recipe... ENTRÃE Smothered Pork chops via Gardenlad 2 tbls flour 1/2 tsp pepper 1/2 tsp salt 6 thick pork chops (I use boneless center cuts, myself) 1+ tbls oil 1 large onion, sliced thin 1 cup hot chicken broth 1/2 cup hot apple juice Preheat oven to 350. Mix 1 tbls flour with the salt & pepper on a plate. Dredge the chops in it on both sides. Brown the chops in the oil until golden brown. Transfer to a baking dish just large enough to hold them in one layer. In the same skillet saute the onion until soft and golden. Add the remaining flour and stir thoroughly. Add the hot liquids slowly, stirring. Cook about three minutes more, or until sauce begins to thicken. Pour sauce over chops. Cover tightly with foil and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 20 minutes

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm