SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
babs711_gw

Help on kitchen - informal dining/breakfast area layout please!

babs711
13 years ago

Hey guys,

I'm hoping to get some help. We are in the first phase with our architect on our new home build...starting from scratch. But there are constraints due to lot width re: the house. We are on our second sketch with him. He went ahead and put it in the computer to see about the dimensions since we're trying to stay around a certain size over all.

We are not having a formal dining room. We are casual people. Also, when we were talking with him at our last meeting we had said that we did NOT want the breakfast area BETWEEN the living room and kitchen. At the time we were thinkin more of an "L" setup. So if you look at the below photo, he had the breakfast area where "Mike's Den" is and the kitchen to the right of that and the living area where it is. However, I like what he's now done with Mike's Den and the bar area.

That said, I really don't like having the table completely closed off like it is here. You guys are amazing with layouts. Can you guys brainstorm with this kitchen/breakfast(dining) area?? Our vision is to have these areas open to the living. I like the island. And of course, his kitchen design isn't even a "design" it was just to have a visual of the kitchen...I'll work on the specifics of a design later. But if you have input there, I'll take it too! I'm more concerned with how to mesh these two rooms but not have a big table between the kitchen and living room!!

Thanks guys!

Comments (16)