SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shelende

Are jabots and swags dated or still being used?

shelende
15 years ago

Are jabots and swags still in style as much as they used to be or are they a little outdated? Whenever I see a before and after picture, they always show jabots and swags in the before picture. I seem to be seeing more panels hung from close to the ceiling. I am specifically referring to Country Curtains Hillhouse curtains. When I went into the store to buy more swags, the store said to return what I had and they let me rebuy new swags and jabots to ensure that they would all be uniform in color, as I was buying more product and new rods. But now I'm thinking of returning them as they are still in the package and buying just the panels for either side of the window. I don't know if I should also buy the valance or just hang the panels as stationary panels. I can't find any other panels or drapes or anything I like to go with my BM Vellum painted dining room so being it has to be the hillhouse fabric, should I go with long panels or keep the jabots and swags? And should I get the valance? With all the stores closing that had lovely drapes, such as Fortunoffs and Expo, it seems the only store left is J.C.Pennys.

Comments (12)