SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlikin

Lenox Tan 50% still not quite there

charlikin
15 years ago

Hi all - I'm attempting to choose a paint color for my living room. I've been (mostly) lurking here a while, learning what colors have worked for other people, and I've been trying various swatches on my walls. (Anyone ever do a patchwork room? ;-))

It's a fairly large room (12x19 plus L-shape dinette and foyer) that faces kind of north-east. I get some sun early in the morning, and then just indirect light the rest of the day. I will be redecorating the entire room - new carpeting in a light-to-medium brown, soft green sofa, maybe a burgundy striped chair. I'm looking for a neutral background for lots of colorful furnishings. There won't be a lot of light in the room at night - just a few lamps.

BM Shaker Beige came out too beigey-pink on the wall - I'd really like something with less pink. Lenox Tan at full strength was okay in the daytime, but way too dark at night. I tried LT at 50% - much better! But I'm still thinking it has a lot of that beige/pink/gray thing going on.

Just for something different, I painted Powell Buff up next to it. A little lighter than I was thinking, and way too yellow. But makes me think that something a little warmer would be nice.

Is there a color close to Lenox Tan that would be a little lighter/warmer?

Here are my splotches: That's LT 50% on the left, SB in the middle, and PB on the right.

Thanks in advance for any and all help and suggestions!!!

Comments (3)