SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msrose

I think I figured out why I didn't like Lenox Tan

msrose
13 years ago

I went to my other Ace Hardware (not the one that mixed the LT) and talked to the guy there while I was picking up a can of Decatur Buff. I watched him put in the color number and everything, so I asked him how someone could mess up on the color. I told him someone on here had a can of LT that had a different formula from mine. He said they will have a different formula if they are using a different base (flat vs eggshell). He even put Decatur Buff in with two different finishes just to show me the formula was different. He also showed me on the label where it says the base number which is also the number on the cans. So...I came home and looked at my can of LT and the lablel says N319 "2"B, but the paint can it's mixed it up in is N319 "1"B. The can also says it's a pastel base. Surely that's not right, is it? Anyway, I don't know if that one number being off can really make that much difference, but I'm thinking it did. If I decide DB won't work, I guess I'll go back to the other hardware and have them remix LT.

Laurie

Comments (10)