SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

Cat Wheelchair

Hi All! I usually hang out over at the Cottage Garden, but made a foray over here. My 15-year-old cat, Midnight, had developed spinal stenosis in last the several months. For a while he just had a couple of bad hours, but now it seems to be all the time. He is on Metacam every other day, which gets rid of his pain. His appetite is fine, his renal functions are fine (except for the fact that he cannot climb into the litter box, but he is hitting the newspaper I put out for him, and I carry him to the box twice a day). His attitude is strong as ever(he is a very willful beast) - in other words, a perfectly happy cat, except that he cannot use his back legs. He gets around dragging them behind and to the side. I have heard that this eventually can cause sores from the friction. I have been investigating cat wheelchairs, as well. On the Cottage Garden we share quite a bit about experiences with our pets, but this seemed pretty specialized, and I was hoping that some of the pet parents here had experiences they might share. I cannot put him down for this seemingly small problem - he is too much a part of my life.

TIA, Nancy.

Comments (8)