SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bootspur

My cat is eating poorly...

bootspur
13 years ago

After 7 years in one home I purchased another one a few miles across town. Just the kitty and myself I thought there would b no problem. But, from day one she hid mostly AND didn't eat too much although she was pretty well on schedule to bug me each morning and evening for a little canned food to accompany the dry that stays within her eating area 24/7, but I noticed she wasn't really digging into either her canned OR her dry food's AND wasn't her normal insistent-self @10p each night for her treat. So, her eating has been considerably reduced from her normal intake, AND her appetite is off for her treat.

I am in an L3 para in a wheelchair and the house required some construction-mod's to make it entirely accessible for me so for the first 2 weeks loud power tools and workers kept sketchy-cat (I call her sketch) was terrified and hiding... Now, some of you may think that it was cruel for me to basically dump her into this new environment so that she could be properly "tortured" and I would be one of those in agreement with those of you who feel this way, but it was a hundred percent unavoidable in my estimation, since having never been outside the ONLY shots I have ever gotten for her were the first year's vaccinations so that boarding her would have been impossible without them.

She was pleasingly plump on December 8th, 2010, but today January 2nd she is thin. Now, all of this said her eyes appear normal, her hair isn't all of a sudden falling out in clumps or anything at all like that. She still climbs to the top of her "tree" to sleep (One of those things one can purchase at Pet Smart for kitties.) and sleeps as she normally has during the day. Oh, and she is still happy to drink water...

Some of you who are smart about cat things please chime in here, please I am certainly concerned about sketchy and love her very much. Oh, the workers have been out completely now for about 4 to 5 days. And nothing about her diet is different prior to OR post move.

Comments (7)