SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancy_east_gw

Countertop square footage?

nancy_east
16 years ago

I have a question that I'm embarrassed I'm even asking! I am VERY interested in having soapstone installed in my new kitchen but I am also being scared off by the quote I received from a local stone fabricator in my area (and really the only game in town for soapstone locally in the mountains of western North Carolina!). She quoted me $10,845 for my entire kitchen (island and perimeter cabinets), but the way I calculate out the cost/sq. footage, it comes to $160/sq. ft! I know it's more expensive than quartz and most granite, but darn, I'm having a bit of sticker shock!! I can't figure out how to attach a PDF file of my cabinet/counter layout so I guess I just want someone to explain how the calculation of square footage of countertops is figured. I was adding up the length of countertops and multiplying x 2, plus adding the sq. ft. of my island and raised bar on my peninsula. I just want to make sure I'm doing things correctly and if I should start a search for sources further away, based on this over the top bid (at least it's over the top for our budget!)

Any guidance is much appreciated--I really want to be an owner of soapstone but not if it blows our entire countertop budget for the entire house!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!