SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_gw

Lasagna Menu for 60th birthday party

jenn
12 years ago

We're planning a 60th birthday party at our house. Most of us (16 family members) haven't seen each other for several years or more, so this will also be like a family reunion. Guests will start arriving at noon-1:00 pm and dinner will be served around 6:00 pm, so I want to keep them satisfied in the afternoon but not too full for dinner. Some of the guests are VERY casual, no-frills people who like the good ol' traditional recipes, and a couple are more adventurous but also like the traditional tried-and-true favorites. I would like to include simple but delicious foods/ingredients that appeal to everyone without a lot of preparation that day. Below is the menu I'm planning.

DINNER(about 6pm):

* My own homemade Lasagna (a family favorite). I plan to make the sauce on Friday, assemble the lasagna on Saturday, and bake it on Sunday.

* garlic bread

* a nice salad with an assortment of toppings and dressings

DESSERT: Chocolate birthday cake and ice cream.

APPETIZERS: Since everyone will begin arriving between noon and 1:00, they'll need to be satisfied but not too full for dinner. Therefore, I'd like to serve the appetizers as courses throughout the afternoon rather all at once, starting with the heavier ones first and tapering off to lighter apps in the later afternoon. I kinda like appetizers served to me that way; I wonder what's coming next. They include:

* Alton Brown's Onion Dip from Scratch served with dipping chips and chunks of veggies including red/green/yellow bell peppers, baby carrots, celery, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, etc.

* Parmesan Walnut Salad in Endive Leaves

* Some antipasto favorites including olives, pepperoncini peppers, pickled carrots, Provolone + ??? cheese w/ crackers, red/green grapes and almonds.

BEVERAGES:

* BYO favorite wine/beverage (we will provide a little wine but aren't big drinkers)

* Hot cider in the crock pot (the weather will be cool w/ a chance of rain)

* Good Earth ice tea(???? may be too cool for that)

* Coffee

* Hot chocolate for the kiddos

If it's nice outside we'll be in the patio and could play lawn games. If it rains (there's a chance), we'll be inside.

Anyone have any comments or suggestions for improvement?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County