SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susieboomer

Made mistakes, need your opinions with this dr/lr

susieboomer
11 years ago

Need to get this room done. FYI it is a dr/lr about 16 to 17' by 33' and liv rm side has 9 ft. ceilings and dining has tray that are 9' and 11'. I had little time to select floor coverings, etc. and have changed mind on some furn pieces and what I have left are shown in pict. Colors aren't quite me. Questions: How would you furnish/decorate this room? One person told me the two "maroony-rusty" (for simplicity we'll call them red) chairs were to small short for the area??? I had a beaut. din. set w/ leather chrs. that I sold due to the set being extremely heavy and I have had two neck surg. and thought it was prob. not good lifting on them all the time. Kind of regret, not sure I like this set.
Thinking I'll have to switch out light fixtures???
Right now the lr furn. is just set in there. Wicker and wood corner piece are going! How would you place the couch, and what addit. pieces should I get??? Do I keep the red chairs?? Do red chrs and couch work together, I was thinking I'd have to replace them when couch was picked, thus why the pillows don't tie the pieces together.
Do I need area rugs to cozy things up??
Would a benchlike daybed with arms on each of short sides work in front of window or between room spaces or somewhere???
If using red chairs where would you put them, they swivel. Should I add a leather reclining chair?
Thinking we might put a tv in, so there are hook-ups to the right of the fireplace and to the left of the couch. Don't want tv to be a focal spot. I've seen those stands where tv goes down into a compartment and rises with a remote, would love if my hubby could bld that.
Paint color change??? Then window treatments???? Very bright room windows face SW, S, and SE. Road splits and goes on both sides of us and as they drive towards our place they can see everything inside house at night.
So there are the challenges... Much easier decorating someone elses house!! Looking for lots of great ideas!
Pic: #1

Pic: #2

Pic: #3

Pic: #4

Pic #5

Pic #6 couch fabric

Pic #7

Comments (10)