SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattyann1_gw

Choosing paint colors for an open floor plan?

pattyann1
17 years ago

I have a new home with an open floor plan. Vaulted natural cherry tongue and groove ceiling in family room, with natural cherry cabinets in kitchen, stainless steel appliances and natural cherry trim all over. The dining room is separate but viewable from the family room and I have painted it a beautiful olive, similar to SW grassland . I also have a large foyer which opens to family room and adjoins dining room. Currently all the other walls are boring off white. Oh, a child's bedroom is also viewable from the family room and unfortunately is SW Martha Stewart budrigar. It was a bad choice influenced by two teenage daughters. I love the discussions on SW Blonde and was needing ideas on combining the shades on my walls. This is my first posting so be generous with your opinions. I have also been considering a blue in a lighter shade for the BR but don't know how to link it with Green in DR and the rest of the house. Also have a georgeous dark cherry entertainment center in family and medium cherry floors throughout entire home as we have radiant floor heat everywhere. Thanks soooo much .........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments (5)