SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piper101_gw

Tip I learned about fur MATTS yesterday =)

piper101
16 years ago

Hi, While standing in line for 3 hours to get my book signed by "The Dog Whisperer" yesterday, I was talking with 2 women and learned this fabulous tip I had not heard before. For removing a matt from your dogs fur, put baby powder on it and work it in with your fingers. Then start working on the matt with your comb.

Of course I didn't get to get a signature since unbeknownst to me, they advertised his signing on the 11pm news (I heard my info from email) so everybody and his sister showed up. I thought getting there an hour before the signing would be enuf, WRONG. Petco said some people camped out over night or came at 8 a.m. And, there were hundreds of people behind me!! He was only in the Petco for 2 hours, but I did see him from behind people snapping pictures in the air. I think if Petco or people in charge would have eliminated the photo ops etc. more people could have been able to get an autograph or signature on their books. But I had fun talking to 2 very nice ladies and wanted to share this tip with you since I used it this a.m. on my dogs tail. I was just about ready to crop it close and just let it grow out. I usually just use cream rinse when I bathe her and then work out the matts but that takes longer than this method and we're both dry!! It really worked well. Yes I had to keep applying some powder for the tougher ones, but this is how I'll handle matted fur in the future and my dog was much happier too.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida