SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quandary_gw

Big Stretch caulk on drywall?

quandary
15 years ago

Before I paint the interior of a linen closet, I need to caulk some cracks where the walls meet. I think the guy at the paint store heard my request for caulk that is flexible and paintable, but may have ignored that it is an interior closet.

He sold me Big Stretch Caulk & Seal by Sashco. It will fill gaps up to 2" wide (mine are about 1/8"). It is interior/exterior and paintable. However, it boasts superior adhesion to wood, siding, vinyl, fiber cement, concrete, metal and glass. It doesn't mention drywall/sheetrock. One week drying time is required before applying oil based paint (I'm going to use original Kilz primer).

I probably don't need a product this high performance, but that's fine, unless it's not suitable for my application. My walls are drywall or sheetrock. When I removed some wallpaper (not in this project), it damaged it and exposed what locked like cardboard.

Will a caulk intended for windows, doors and siding be okay to use on drywall? The paint store is closed, and I wanted to caulk this weekend. Thanks for any guidance you can offer.

Comments (7)