SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shell8_gw

Dog's Pads rough

shell8
17 years ago

I am wondering if there is any type of cream out there that can heal rough pads. As many of you may recall we recently adopted a 4yr old boxer. She is pure joy however, she has alot of issues from her previous owner; she was a surrender. She wasnt neglected weight-wise but in every other way. We got her in October. She had very poor skin/coat. She had hard, black, crusty areas that were hairless. The Dr seems to feel it was from laying on hard floor/concrete in addition to not being treated for some kind of skin infection. Contributing to that not eating a good quality food. We started her on California Natural and giving her fish oil pills(the name escapes me at the moment) & well 2 months later she looks beautiful. Her coat is looking great and healthy. The hair is even growing in those areas. She has also had surgery in November for an Epulus(non-cancerous tumor in her mouth) and TPLO surgery in December to repair her ACL. I now want to work on her pads. If someone can recommend a good cream or something I would appreciate it. How about the Bag Balm?? I dont think I should do it right away if it will leave a "greasy" film since she just had the ACL repair but I would at least like to know what everyone recommends. Thank to all...this is a great place filled with loving pet owners and a ton of useful information.

:) Michele

Comments (6)