SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imtoni

Finger food/ decor for graduation open house

Toni S
15 years ago

My oldest DS is having a graduation open house from 4:30 to 8 pm on a Saturday in May. There are going to be so many parties and open houses that same weekend that I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind on what kinds of food to serve and how much.

Seems there are MANY parties that will be serving pulled pork sandwiches and the foods that generally go with it. With that in mind,,I've decided to mainly go with finger type foods and hopefully some yummy toothpick type things, like meatballs.

I'm open, really OPEN, to ordering from restaurants or grocery store deli's.

Right now we have a couple of tents in school colors to put on the deck. I'm looking into some food warmers and well, just about everything else I can think of to serve and decorate.

I'd love to hear your ideas for finger foods and decorating ideas. I'm thinking of lighting in the tents, some type of table decor, and nibble foods to set right on the table.

Do you have a few ideas to spare, maybe something you have seen and thought was a great idea? I only have a little over a couple months to get this all together. I have a couple of friends that are going to help keep the food flowing and oversee things during the open house/party.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations