SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
milosc_gw

Awkard Kitchen Help

Milosc
10 years ago

This is the best website and has answers so many questions so far! This is our first time kitchen planning, and we would appreciate help to finalize our plans. The room is awkward as it combines our kitchen, dining room, foyer, hallway and laundry room!

Mission: I want a functional open kitchen where I can entertain while cooking and cook while my three young boys are running around. I want a combined kitchen / dining room that provides room to cook, sit down to eat and entertain as well as allow my sons to do homework while I make dinner. On my must-have list is lots of storage, an island and a second sink. Since the room is also the entrance to the house, I want it to be inviting, attractive and easy to maintain.

Pros: Lots of natural light, open space
Cons: Ceiling is 93", Complete hub of the house

The entrance to the home is on the bottom-right, next to a doorway to the living room and bedrooms. A fireplace on the bottom wall. Doorway on bottom left leads to main bathroom and back door. On left is second sink, double oven and fridge. On right wall is large window and baseboard heating. The wall cabinets are there as a placeholder since I want to build a bench. On top left is the laundry room with a bay window and sliding doors (not used often). Flood zone so needed to bring the laundry upstairs, and this is only place. Top wall has cooktop with hood, main sink and dishwasher.

Any suggestions before we finalize? I appreciate any feedback since this is my first time, and it is so hard to make so many decisions! Thank you!

This post was edited by Milosc on Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 12:33

Comments (6)