SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arabellamiller

Election Day Coffee - what's missing?

arabellamiller
15 years ago

Seems I'm hosting an election day coffee. Everyone's kids are off from school, so the plan is to gather at my house after voting. (although I think some folks are planning to slip out and vote while their kids stay put at my house). Like most of my unplanned events, this coffee is growing. So far it looks like about 10 - 12 moms with anywhere from 20 - 30 kids, all coming and going. A few of the kids are middle school aged girls who will help watch the little ones. I'm hoping it will be nice enough to send them all outside. This is one of those times I'm wishing we had enough $$ to finish the basement!

So, food talk. Almost everyone has offered to bring something, so we have:

fruit

apple cider

muffins/banana bread (4 offers of this kind of stuff, but 2 of the moms are unreliable)

bagels

snacks for kids (pretzels, etc..)

box of coffee

I'm thinking I'll make a coffee cake, and get mini bagels for kids along with cream cheese. I'm afraid it will morph into lunch, so I may get some egg salad & tuna salad for the bagels, along with veggies for a simple salad that I can throw together. I can always make more coffee if we run out. Do I need a quiche or two? Should I make cookies? Why am I so afraid I won't have enough food?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

AM

Comments (12)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES