SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sloane529

Trying again for any paper countertop owners out there . . .

sloane529
12 years ago

Reposting, hoping for a response on the wear and tear of Paperstone or Richlite, as I have searched this site without finding an answer since most postings have been people who just finished their kitchens or were considering the products: We have gone back and forth on countertops (never thought this one decision would be so hard!) for our 1910 farmhouse kitchen remodel - cherry shaker cabs, slate like tile flooring, white subway tile. After originally turning away from Paperstone (they don't make the indigo we love anymore) and Richlite due to a bid that was more than twice stone for our project (!), we are now back to considering Richlite in Blue Canyon as we got a new bid that's equal to the soapstone we were considering as a second option. SO I want to know how your Richlite (or Paperstone) is holding up. I have read as many posts as I could find on this fabulous site, but many are from '07-'09 so I am curious, if you're still out there, what your experience over time has been. How's the scratching? Does it really buff out? Do you love/hate the patina? And what about water damage around the sink (which I've heard was an issue with Richlite)? Please let me know what you think! TIA.

Comments (8)