SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lowspark1

Cookbook Gift for a CHEF - recommendations please?

lowspark
14 years ago

I had posted this question over on conversations but we've now decided on gifts! Here's the background:

My group of friends has been going to eat at the Chef's table at a local restaurant for the past few years for our December Holiday Dinner. For those that don't know, a chef's table is a private table, usually in the kitchen or just off of it, that you reserve for the night. There's no menu, the chef just whips up stuff for you at his whim for a fixed price. It's a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it if you have a chance to do this.

This is maybe our fifth year and we've formed a relationship with the chef and our waiter who we request year after year. They have taken the very best care of us every time we've come. The delicious food just keeps coming and the service is excellent. We exchange hugs on our way in and out, and they even allow a couple of us to go in the kitchen and cook something (with lots of guidance and help). It's a major blast!

This year we thought it would be nice to give them each a gift. We were agonizing over what to get and finally one of us called the restaurant and asked a few questions to get ideas. Turns out the chef likes cookbooks! He likes to leaf through them just for fun and for ideas.

So I'm looking for ideas of something really cool or gourmet or collectible or unique. Any ideas or recommendations for something along these lines would be greatly appreciated!

(We're probably going to get the waiter a really cool bottle of something alcohoic now that we've confirmed he drinks.)

Comments (9)