SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

Please lend me your eye for colour so I can finalize kitchen

ontariomom
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

Back again with more design challenges. We could really use some more help -- I am finding all these decisions nerve racking and I have decision paralysis big time. Please let me know the good, the bad and the ugly from our proposed images, and especially let me know if you know of a good SW colour for the perimeter cabinets.

We are trying to nail down our finishes for the kitchen and areas that open onto the kitchen. We need to decide what colour to paint the perimeter cabinets that will be in the kitchen as well as the built-ins that will be on either side of the fireplace (I want them the same colour). We have yet to choose our fireplace stone but are leaning towards something in the grey family. The couch fabrics we have chosen are silver grey. We have yet to choose the fabric for two chairs to go with the couches.

Here is a shot of the elements we are thinking of for the kitchen -- please let me know what you like and dislike.

Hardwood: on left
island cabinets: small brown square on bottom of picture
wall colour: sample paper on right SW Storm Cloud
island hood: top right corner (hammered light silver)
To be decided what colour of Sherwin Williams off white we should use. We need to do SW as that is the paint line used (industrial paint by SW).
back splash: top middle

Here is another shot of the back splash which shows the shapes:

Here is a layout picture of the large kitchen that will have the above elements, followed by a line drawing of the island hood.

Overall, I prefer cool colours, but there are some warm elements chosen for the kitchen. Here is an image of a fireplace stone we are considering. I have yet to see the hand sample, so I have just seen a photo (posted below).

Thanks in advance for any opinions. I really wish I had an eye for colour and hope you will lend me yours.

Carol

This post was edited by OntarioMom on Tue, Feb 25, 14 at 22:17

Comments (28)