SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

Will you lend me your creative minds/ideas?

rjinga
14 years ago

I'm going to be setting up a booth at our local antique mall..YEAH, starting small 10x10 space to test the waters and see how I do. I have a mix of things to sell, some collectible type antiques, china, dishes, plates, teacups, vases, crocks, statues, vintage mirrors, urns, sconces, candleobera's, vintage frames, small furniture, decorative items, candlesticks, lamps, shabby chic type items, etc.

My initial theme/idea was to do a paris flea market motif,

I can build something within the space (over time) and use fabric to decorate and/or make curtains etc to hang from above. I have puchased 3 large cubby type cabinets with 12 openings (not this one, but similiar in white laminate material. they are about 2 feet deep and 4 feet wide and about 4 feet tall. Mine dont have wheels on them, but I think when I put them together IF I can attach casters to them I will, this will allow for much easier rearranging over time.

I also imagined an "awning" in pink and white stripe, but I got this Waverly fabric that I think will do, and I paid $1 for the bolt, no lie...it's nearly 11 yards of fabric!! That was a score to be sure. Do you think this fabric will make a cute decorative curtain/valance really that will go around the 2 front sides of the booth.

{{!gwi}}

In addition, I want to get white panels for the outside of each side, that will be securred from above too and can be tied back.

This is NOT the booth, but it's nearly identical and in a much better more visable location :) and my booth as you approach it, the post is in the front right corner.

I have a piece of carpet that I'll put down, as well as some rugs that I will sell.

If anyone has any links to creative looking spaces displaying items, or any thoughts or ideas for things to decorate this space with, I'd love to hear from you.

Comments (13)