Formula to get Cat urine out permanently
19 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (161)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Will Cat/Dog Urine Ruin My Grass Permanently?
Comments (7)The brown spots are usually dead, but can sometimes surprise you by resprouting from their roots. Yellow, red, and whatnot are generally just shocked. Spreading grasses will fill the holes if your grass spreads. Realizing the vagrancies of cats, it can be hard to water the spots where they pee. If possible, though, diluting the places the cat goes will fix the problem if you get there fast enough....See MoreTools and Chemicals needed to remove cat urine
Comments (33)My previous roommate's cat peed on the rug my mom bought me as a housewarming gift. It's a 3'x4' dark red shag-style rug. My roommate cleaned it with Nature's Miracle when it first happened, but after a day or so of still smelling the urine, we rolled the rug up and stuck it in the garage (where it sat for 3 or so months). Well, I just recently moved to New Orleans (I left the roommate and her damn cat behind!!) and would love to use my comfy carpet on my new hardwood floors. Problem is, as soon as I unrolled it I could smell the pee -- it stunk up my entire house in literally minutes! I've read through several related threads on this forum and most have been about wall-to-wall carpeting with padding, etc. rather than just an area rug. I'm not sure if I can throw the rug into an industrial laundry mat washer or use a steam cleaner on it since it is a shag-style rug... any ideas? I know I could just toss the rug and save myself the headache, stink, and money -- but I would really prefer to save it if at all possible! Thanks in advance :)...See MoreGetting cat urine smell out of carpet...
Comments (109)I wish I would have timed how long it took me to read every single one of these posts. My beloved cats are destroying my house. I'm single, working, commuting, and losing my mind trying to clean it and get them to stop. I think that a fair number of these posts are written by SHILLS, which I find despicable. People like me are going through hell. Not only is there a mess, it's a smelly, toxic mess, and it's caused by my children. Yes, they are my children, and I can't just get rid of them. I, too, want to chime in and say that Nature's Miracle does NOT work. I'm fine with ripping up the carpet and starting over, but even that is going to be so incredibly difficult and time consuming. After reading all of this, and not having very nice carpet, I've decided to rip up my carpet, but I wish all of you cat lovers the best of luck in trying to eradicate the stains if you do want to keep your carpet. There isn't much on this thread about preventative measures to stop cats from doing this in the first place, but I encourage everyone to visit some reputable sites to deal with that as well. I've listed some below. Please don't ever think your cat is angry or vindictive or something like that. Cats don't have those types of emotions. Educate yourself and respond appropriately, but be careful of opinions in forums. Look to the experts for advice. I so very much appreciate the time people took to offer solutions. Thank you. I also want to recommend a money saving litterbox filler that will encourage you to keep up with cleaning it, as well as keep the smell at bay. My cats' issues have to do with new cats in the home, age and illness - not the use of this litter. I use plain wood pellets (no scent!), bought at Menard's or Fleet Farm type places. They're sold as woodstove fuel, as well as pet bedding. Way more economical that commercial litter and, I think, abate the smell much better. http://www.naturalcatcareblog.com/2011/06/cat-going-outside-the-litter-box-super-smart-behaviorists-share-their-tips/ http://catinfo.org/?link=litterbox http://www.littlebigcat.com/?s=litter+box One of the many posts on the brilliant Dr. Becker's site: http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2012/08/29/cat-litter-box-aversion.aspx http://www.naturalcatcareblog.com/2011/02/9-useful-sites-for-researching-cat-health-issues/...See MoreI need help on how to get cat urine odor out of concrete?
Comments (43)The reason Nature's Miracle says not to use any other method of cleaning is because they know you will use another method before buying it. Now they have an excuse as to why their product doesn't work. Nature's miracle is junk. My wife and I are current replacing flooring in our house. We adopted a 3 year old cat that was left behind after the owner moved. We found out why she was left behind. She pisses and poops everywhere. She had some kind of pancreatic issue and was on steroids her whole life. She died at the young age of 12. We loved her so we endured the daily treasures left behind. I would destroy another house full of flooring for that cat. It's a small price to pay for that unconditional love. This is Pita (acronym for pain in the arse)...See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 5 years ago
- last year
Related Stories

PETSSo You Want to Get a Cat
If you're a cat lover, the joys outweigh any other issue. If you haven't lived with one yet, here are a few things to know
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNShould You Install a Urinal at Home?
Wall-mounted pit stops are handy in more than just man caves — and they can look better than you might think
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGGet Those Carpet Stains Out: Best Nontoxic Methods for Spot Cleaning
Banish blotches the safe way with pantry staples, to get your rugs looking as clean as the day they came home
Full Story
LIFEGet the Scoop on High-Design Litter Boxes
Unavoidable doesn't have to mean unpleasant; cats and guardians alike will purr over these terrific design solutions for the litter box
Full Story
COMMUNITYGet a Bird's-Eye View of America's Housing Patterns
See the big picture of how suburban developments are changing the country's landscape, with aerial photos and ideas for the future
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESGet on a Composting Kick (Hello, Free Fertilizer!)
Quit shelling out for pricey substitutes that aren’t even as good. Here’s how to give your soil the best while lightening your trash load
Full Story
THE HARDWORKING HOMEA Laundry Makes Room for a Diva Cat
A South Carolina laundry room was designed to be sophisticated and functional, but when a kitten arrived, whimsy emerged
Full Story
PETS15 Design-Friendly Places to Hide the Cat Litter Box
Built-in solutions include putting it in a cabinet, under the stairs, behind a wall and inside a window seat
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGTips for Removing Carpet Stains
Know the right solutions and when to use them to handle stains from coffee, pets, chocolate, ink and more
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGHousekeeping 101: How to Clean Silver
Learn from a pro how to properly clean and care for your precious silverware
Full Story
Dichele Schartel