SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
araminty

Suggestions for neutral to go with BM's Palladian Blue

araminty
14 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'd love some input on this color-choosing I'm doing! I am painting my master bath (from scratch--never before painted). I've never painted a ceiling anything other than white before, but my vision for this bathroom is a blue ceiling, neutral walls, crisp white beadboard & trim, white loo, farm table converted into vanity w/ vessel sink on top, dark wood-esque floors (wood-esque=not real wood) and shower curtain (I have chosen the Very Likely Candidate for the fabric--I'll be making it myself). I really like floaty, dreamy, cottagey colors and styles, but decided to try Palladian Blue on the ceiling. It is more saturated than I thought it would be, at least in this room. Not really a problem (it is a bit greener than I thought it would be), and it still goes fairly well with the fabric I'm thinking of using. So I'm not sure if I'll really achieve an airy, light-filled room with the neutral, non-white choices I'm making, but I can roll with that.

I was thinking of SW's Rice Grain for the walls, but it might be a tad dark. Does anyone have any thoughts of a slightly lighter neutral that would look nice with Palladian Blue, and that would pop nicely against white beadboard?

I've already painted the ceiling, but could certainly re-paint another color--it's not a huge bathroom; takes about 45 minutes per coat. :) I do like the Palladian Blue, even with its greeny tendencies, but just am not sold on Rice Grain with it.

I can attach a photo of the fabric, too--I think I have a photo done in natural light (it's dark outside now!).

Thanks!

Comments (8)