SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeageaux

Cambria Slab Wholesale vs Retail;Authorized Dealer Labor vs Non

deeageaux
12 years ago

The wholesale price for a slab of Cambria in Los Angeles is $740.60. All Cambria colors cost the same. The slab is 120" x 55" but evidently fabricators can only get 41.25 sq ft of finished countertop per slab. I need 60 sq ft and they all tell me I need two slabs.

Authorized dealers want to mark up their slabs ~75%. Then there is the sales tax on that. They charge ~$40/ft labor for installation. These places usually have laser measurement and computor controlled CNC machines. Some want to charge $200-$300 for prep. Eveyone I talked to included one sink cutout and up to four holes for various faucets and dispensers.Prep sinks,cooktops,and extra hole for other faucet like RO or hot water is extra but I don't need it so didn't ask how much.Standard edges like double bullnose and waterfall included. Ornate ogee type edges extra. Again, don't want fancy edge so didn't ask.

I found several non-authorized mom-pop type places that will sell you Cambria slab for cost plus tax plus labor as low as $18.33 per sq/ft. These places template the old fashioned way with slim pieces of wood or plastic and have wet saw tables.

I know one guy who comes highly recommended who does entire kitchen/bath remodel including cabinet fabrication who quoted me wholesale plus tax for slabs plus $23/ft for labor.I showed him my lowest quote and he matched it if I give him the entire job.Good quote for the kitchen remodel. Most expensive quote was ~$5,400(authorized fabricator). Lowest was $2700(non-authorized fabricator). I don't think Cambria's limited lifetime warranty is worth

~$2,700. I get to see the slabs before I buy to check for "pooling" or color discoloration.

The only other thing Cambria's warranty is good for is if the Cambria rep determines cracks were the result of manufacutre defect.Not "acts of God" like earthquake here in Los Angles or faulty subfloors. Cambria, Silestone, Caesarstone,Zodiac etc are stain resistant not stain proof. I have heard of "pooling" in premium quartz counters but not cracks.

I am going with Cambria Torquay but I took a look at white quartzite.I got quotes in the $4k-$7.5K range. The less expensive stuff had a lot of gray and yellowish undertones.I liked the Torquay better. The more expensive stuff I liked better than the Torquay but not $4.8k more.

I hope that helps anybody considering Torquay after seeing plum82's thread or anybody considering Cambria.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022