SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southernstitcher

Having to use Behr over SW or Benjamin Moore

southernstitcher
10 years ago

Our remodel is on such a tight budget, the paint may have to be Behr. I missed the SW sales like an idiot - two of the colors we've chosen are from them, and I like their whites. Behr is less expensive, and the contractor gets a good discount. BM does not give discounts here. Buying the Behr will save me hundreds. I just can't afford $48/gallon or higher, plus 9% sales tax when the price of another major part of the renovation went up by 35%.
And, we were just informed the painters are coming this week.

I wasn't disappointed in the Behr paint when I picked up samples today. I thought it went on nicely. I loved the size of the sample jars too. It's that the colors are NOT as rich and complex as BM. I could see that the moment I walked up to the display.

So, I'm crossing my fingers that Home Depot can at least match two BM classic colors - Brittany Blue and Violet Pearl. I'm also hoping they can match SW's Diverse Beige. At least the paint counter guy said oh yes, they match to SW and BM all the time.

Thanks for letting me vent. I'll report back my results with the color matching.
DIY isn't an option this time, and neither is cutting something else. I've already cut so much!
Someone please tell me that they have had success color matching BM or SW at a big box store.

Comments (17)