SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amck2

Help Needed- Tiramisu-How Long Can I Keep?

amck2
14 years ago

I decided to make 2 separate batches of Tiramisu for my family's early Thanksgiving gathering last night in case some extra folks came. Made it late Sat. night, as recipe calls for it to set overnight.

One dish was quickly gone as was a lemon dessert I made. But I have an entire untouched dish. Do you think if I keep it refrigerated that it would still be good to serve on Thanksgiving? Is this a recipe that can be frozen safely? If so, do you think the ladyfingers will end up as mush when thawed?

DH is bringing bread pudding & pie, but there will be a crowd at my BIL's and I know the Tiramisu would be welcome, as well.

Here is the Barefoot Contessa recipe I used:

TIRAMISU

6 extra-large egg yolks, at room temperature

1/4 cup sugar

1/2 cup good dark rum, divided

1 1/2 cups brewed espresso, divided

16 to 17 ounces mascarpone cheese

30 Italian ladyfingers, or savoiardi

Bittersweet chocolate, shaved or grated

Confectioners' sugar, optional

Directions

Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment on high speed for about 5 minutes, or until very thick and light yellow. Lower the speed to medium and add 1/4 cup rum, 1/4 cup espresso, and the mascarpone. Whisk until smooth.

Combine the remaining 1/4 cup rum and 1 1/4 cups espresso in a shallow bowl. Dip 1 side of each ladyfinger in the espresso/rum mixture and line the bottom of a 9 by 12 by 2-inch dish. Pour half the espresso cream mixture evenly on top. Dip 1 side of the remaining ladyfingers in the espresso/rum mixture and place them in a second layer in the dish. Pour the rest of the espresso cream over the top. Smooth the top and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.

Before serving, sprinkle the top with shaved chocolate and dust lightly with confectioners' sugar, if desired.

Your thoughts please!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio