SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susie_que12

TGIF!! Goodby Novenber, Hello Holidays!!

susie_que
16 years ago

Clinking with my second cup of joe as Drew has a late arrival this morning!!

Happy Friday Everyone!!

I've been on vacation all week getting the decorations up and doing the shopping. I still have the outdoor lights to hang and since thats a 2 person deal I have to wait till tomorrow.

I have the bulk of my shopping done. Thats not all that unusual but I also have it all wrapped!! Now thats a big deal for me as I dislike wrapping so much.

Today I will drop Drew off and go pick up my mom. She's been feeling really good lately so I plan to take her to see Amy's school. She's been too weak to take the trip up till now. I have some things to give to Amy and I also have to pick up the tix for the game next week...Amy is on the dance team at school and they are dancing at a Sixers basketball game on Monday night!! I nice chunk of my co-workers are going so I have to get the tix today.

Later I plan to start my Christmas cards.

Tomorrow I have been nominated to stand on line for concert tickets LOL!!!

Van Halen LOL!!!

Its ok since there are a few flee markets and craft fairs I want to hit as well!!

Sunday I would LOVE to take a drive to Cape May but they are forecasting a storm so we may not go. Cape May is beautiful at the holidays and almost all of the restaurants are open, lots of house tours ect...

Plus I have a new camera to test out so I hope we go!!

Have a happy and safe weekend everyone!!

Cheers!

Susie

Comments (8)

• dedtired
    16 years ago

Hey Susie. You sure squeeze a lot of activity into a little bit of time. I'd love to go to Cape May, too, but I don't see it happening.

I am still working on yard cleanup. Leaves and frozen flowers. Just battening the hatches for winter. I also have to clean up the porch. I put a big tarp over the furniture to protect it.

I haven't done a blessed thing about Christmas. I'll either run out to stores near work at lunch or on the way home, or order on line. I can't face the mall on the weekend.

Maybe I'll get the pine roping for the fence and put it up this weekend. I still have pumpkins on the fence posts! Maybe I'll put Santa hats on them! One of them is wearing a pointy birthday hat that I found tangled in a bush after my neighbor's kid's party. It looks so funny.

Well, Friday is still a work day, so I better get to it. Here's aclunk of my coffee mug to you all!

Enjoy your weekends, everyone.

• wizardnm
    16 years ago

Susie and Pam, you're both inspirational. I started putting the tree up yesterday and hope to finish today.

I was supposed to work this morning but the weather has been so bad this week that I called to see if they really wanted me in there today, I'd rather know ahead of time rather than going in and turning around and coming home after a couple of hours. Soooo, I have the day off...yippeeee. So I have extra time to do the tree, laundry, clean and shovel the snow off the deck. Our driveway was plowed this morning, the first time this winter. Tonight we are supposed to go out for dinner. Tomorrow is the town wide Christmas open house, so even with all the snow we are getting today, tomorrow should be a busy day at work. Sunday a BIG storm is supposed to hit, a good day to start on Christmas cookies for sure. I've been stocking up on supplies, now it's time to use them.

Nancy

• annie1992
    16 years ago

Susie, good luck to Amy on that dance team, I'm sure she'll be perfect, and enjoy Van Halen. I'm glad to hear your Mom is feeling better, she'll like that trip I'm sure.

Pam, I like the idea of the hats on the posts, LOL. I just finished burning leaves last week, now we have three inches of snow. The only Christmas shopping I've done is for a Christmas dress for Makayla. Ashley ended up picking it out, cream on cream brocade with a full skirt, big bow and a little fur cape, all in cream. Elery says she needs those long gloves, so I'm looking for those now.

Nancy, it's snowy here too and I'm one day ahead of you, I got the tree finished last night, and the wreath on the door. That's as far as I've gone. No baking, and no wrapping. We're supposed to have a big storm on Sunday too, I guess it's officially winter weather, and I need to shovel the driveway when I get home tonight.

I'll go to the farm tomorrow, and Sunday I leave for Elery's. He's taking me on a "mystery trip" for Christmas and he won't tell me where but I'll be gone until next Thursday. Somewhere south, LOL, and I need two "nice" outfits. That's all I need to know, I'm told, but Ashley knows and she won't tell. Traitor.

A clink of my tea cup to you all, have a great weekend!

Annie

• craftyrn
    16 years ago

Gosh you guys are good-- trees & wrapping already !

Susie-- hope you get to Cape May-- sounds like fun.

Pam-- a Santa hat sounds like a fine idea--
    Nancy-- as much as I hate the cold & snow I just love that first snowfall--& then it can go away, come back Christmas Eve, stay a couple days & then leave !

Annie-- gee-- you don't sound as "bah humbug" this year . Could that Elery be changing you outlook?

I should be raking off the last of the leaves & finishing stacking wood but not gonna happen , I'm in for the weekend with a nasty cold/sinus/not a bit of get up & go-- heck I'm still in jammies. DH's due back from camp Sunday-- he can finish the stacking and with the wind we're suppose to get maybe all my leaves will blow across the road.

Have a safe weekend all.

• User
    16 years ago

Happy weekend all! Too many industrious types here, you're making me feel guilty! Actually I got a few things done in preparation for a party Saturday but really need to nail some Christmas shopping.

Annie sounds wonderful, that guy of yours is a real keeper!!

Tomorrow I'm having a "cottage" get together for Sara and all her lake pals. The kids have a Risk tournament planned. They play Risk on rainy days at the cottage for hours and hours. It's a real "lake thing", so that should be fun.

The grown ups will gossip about the cottage association, complain about the uptick in property taxes at the lake, eat nibblies and drink wine! LOL Actually they are a great bunch of people so should be fun.

Sunday...nada.

Stay safe all you who have storms headed your way...'tis the season!

• annie1992
    16 years ago

Nah, Diane, Elery is a grinch too, LOL. I have threatened to just buy one of those pink feather trees and hang it with pink flamingos. Dad would have a heart attack, he still criticizes me for having an artificial tree. Every year I remind him that Amanda is allergic to pine.

Elery says we should just forego a tree altogether, get one of those plastic lawn flamingos and string lights on it, it couldn't possibly be any more tacky than some Christmas decorations, LOL.

Merry Christmas anyway, and I'm hoping that your leaves DO blow across the road. Mine too. Or maybe Santa would take them, he'll have that extra room in his sleigh after he drops off presents, won't he?

Annie

• kathleen_li
    16 years ago

I get anxiety attacks reading what everyone has accomplished!! I am cleaning and decorating, and it's not organized..going from one thing to the other.

Gbaby # 4 is due tomorrow, and dil never has made it to due date, so I am on pins and needles. Want to get everything done so I am available to help.

.Washed the windows, ironed and hung the drapes, cut the greens and filled the window boxes, and cut some for my centerpieces and mantle, put the Nativity up outside...hear we may get the S word tomorrow..

Wish I had an elevator to carry all the bins up from the basement....tiring.

Chase, a cottage party sounds like fun, Susie, I hope you get to Cape May and miss the storm..I've heard it looks so pretty decorated for Christmas, Nancy, please keep the S out there! Craftyrn, I hope you feel better soon..

Annie, this is a very special Christmas for you..hope it is wonderful!
    Have a good weekend everyone!

• obxgina
    16 years ago

Susie, my Nana lived in Cape May for about 10 years. They would come up to our house in Southampton, Pa. for every Christmas so we never got a chance to see the town all decked out. I've heard it's beautiful! I hope you can go! We will be up for the Giants/Eagles game next Sunday. It's my DH's 50th B-day so we will be partying all weekend with his family and our son! Look out Pa!!!! Have fun! Gina