SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
unplannedreno

Beware of Blanco silgranit sinks & other hindsights

unplannedreno
15 years ago

Ours was not a planned remodeling. Our kitchen flooded and we upgraded our countertop and sink. After much research in this forum, I decided on a BlancoPerforma Cascade in Anthracite. I bought it at homeclick.com. It was leaking after install. Blanco only replaced the sink and not the installation charges (600$) I had to swear that I did not drop anything in the sink (which I did not). This surprised me since the sink is touted as chip free, stain-free etc.

Here is a review that I posted in homeclick.com which did not even get published. i am guessing they only publish reviews that give them and the product 4/5 stars. As of now, I am super-stressed and can't imagine buying a granite composite sink unless it comes with a better warranty that covers installation. To top it all, the blanco rep is herself going for a stainless steel sink. I hope atleast now the sink lasts me a while since I am doomed to using this sink because of my granite cut out.

Your rating: 2 stars

Headline: Sink is cracked & leaking after install

Pros : Attractive Design, Easy To Clean

Cons : Leaks/Drips, Unreliable

Best Uses : Domestic Kitchen, Family Kitchen

Describe Yourself : Novice

I believe this dealer (they would not let me type in h..c..k) did not package this product well when shipping. It only weighed 45 pounds when they shipped it to us and cracked on install. The replacement sink package from Blanco weighs 70 pounds.

Secondly Blanco's warranty only covers the sink not its installation and undermount installation gets expensive especially if paid for twice.

Third, the scratch-free, stain free ad for this sink seems like a scam when it can break that easily. The warranty professional claims nothing should be dropped in this sink.

Coming to the actual sink, I like the depth and the design. My husband does not. SO it an individual taste thing. The ledge takes a bit of getting used to but can be useful. The 2 stars I gave are only for depth and design.

Zero stars for reliability, durability, and the dealer.

Comments (76)

• Janna D
    8 years ago

It's an under-mount sink, so we aren't sure how we would get a sink installed without having the counter top lifted. Any idea?

• User
    8 years ago

If the sink is installed in the proper sized base that hasn't been scooped, and properly mechanically fastened, it's just dropped down and out and the new one goes back in easy. If you put a 33'' sink in a 33'' base or epoxied it to the counter, all bets are off.

• Related Discussions

What can you tell me about Blanco Silgranit Sinks (pics please)?

Q

Comments (152)
    I commented on this thread a while back when I was trying to decide between the silgranite white or a darker color. I really wanted white because I thought it'd be prettier but I was afraid of the potential staining problems. Well I went for it and got the silgranite super single sink in white from home depot online. Even though the pictures don't show it, I bought the matching grate as well. I think the grate is a good investment as it protects both the sink and your dishes if you happen to drop them. It's been about 7 months now and I'm still so happy with my choice. I haven't had any problems with staining. I am careful with it as I would be with any item that cost me $300+ but I don't feel it's extreme. I always rinse out the sink after I use it and do at least a weekly clean with a liquid soft scrub unless I've done a lot of cooking. I have a bunch of microfiber cloths I got from Amazon that I use to wipe off any water spray on the counters' edge by the sink. I am meticulous about this because I have very hard water. Overall I love this sink. It's functional and beautiful.
    ...See More

Schock-Houzer Granite Sink vs. Blanco Silgranit

Q

Comments (40)
    I've visited this thread several times and it's interesting that it is still fairly active. I'm looking at the Cristadur waterfall 150 in Bronze. Wayfair carried them a few months ago with good prices but when I checked last night, there were no Schock or Houzer sinks listed on their site. I have found a supplier from Germany on eBay, his listings are rather obscure and you have to dig deep to find them. He carries the entire line including vintage models and colors; GREAT prices with a flat $145 shipping. I currently have a Swanstone in black that drove me crazy when it was new with water marks and looking dry, until I wiped it down with coconut oil a couple of years ago and I've not touched it again. It now wipes down and is cleaned continually from just washing dishes and looks brand new. I'm looking at Schock over Blanco for my remodel in a different house due to the unique look of the waterfall, but I'm worried that it might suffer from being less than utilitarian. They have a matching 15" prep sink which I plan to install as well. Anyone have any real experience with the waterfall design or Schock for that matter?
    ...See More

Blanco Silgranite Super Single Sink ..center or offset drain?

Q

Comments (5)
    I think the center drain siligranite sink is undermount only whereas the offset drain one can be either undermount or drop-in. If you're planning to do undermount then it's really just personal preference. I have mine offset (and undermounted) and like it that way. I can load up dishes on one side and still access my drain and disposal. Without a disposal it probably makes even less of a difference.
    ...See More

Blanco Silgranit sinks, where to buy

Q

Comments (3)
    Hi, I just ordered one from Costco and got a $30 rebate. I paid $319. It arrived to my home in 3 days. Unfortunately, it came damaged on the corners. There was a 1" chip on both corners. When I called the number that was sent to me in my email, the guy asked me to send him pics of the damage. I did and he said that this was normal and it wouldn't affect the installation since it was going under the granite. I told him nope, I wanted a new sink. He was very nice and sent me a return label and ordered me a new sink. It is on its way and hopefully arrives in good condition. I also called Blanco this morning and asked if this was normal and they said it was not. So I am glad that I returned it.
    ...See More
  • User
    8 years ago

Hmm...I assumed under counter means that you put the sink down first, then the countertop.

So, you'd have to pop off the counter, remove and replace sink, then replace counter.

Doesn't work that way?

(knock on wood, my sink is fine at the moment!)

• Janna D
    8 years ago

@ GreenDesigns: thanks for your reply. My husband is looking into the details. I'm praying that if we do have to lift up the quartz counter, then it is safe to do and we won't risk breaking them. We haven't even been in our kitchen for 9 months. I woke up this morning thinking this must be a bad dream! Kicking myself for not getting a stainless sink. Sigh :(

• funkycamper
    8 years ago

The only tiny chip came from dropping a 10" Chef's knife pointy side down. That would've dented a ss sink! I love it.

Really? I've only had stainless steel sinks. I've dropped many items over the years including knives pointy-side down. Have also dropped a small, heavy pressure cooker once and roasters and such. I'm a klutz. I've never had a dent or scratch in my stainless due to these klutzy maneuvers.

• cynthiadiane
    8 years ago

We have had our Blanco Diamond Series sink for about 6 years and love love love it !! Best investment in our remodel. We had our granite man also order the sink and installed it...that is the secret. As far as dull that is the beauty of it and easy to drain, clean and thank goodness no water spots like with ss. I have the ss grids in both sides and that is a great buffer. We have had no problems with it and it was worth every cent. Sorry you had an issue with yours and I hope the replacements gives you years of great service as mine has.

• Janna D
    8 years ago

Our countertop people also installed ours. It was installed by 5 star professionals. I hope you have continued success with yours. I deeply regret not going stainless, and will definitely not be replacing with anything that has the possibility of shattering! Awful!

• achronid
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I bought a Blanco Silgranit Anthracite sink 7 years ago which recently suffered a heat crack and needed to be replaced. After submitting all of the required information Blanco replaced the sink under its limited lifetime warranty without hesitation since this defect falls within the scope of that coverage. I never for a moment thought that re-installation would be covered as that is not part of the initial purchase. I thought about undermounting as well but decided against it for the very real reasons mentioned above. I would definitely use a SS sink if I chose to undermount. For a drop-in though I love the Silgranit and am happy to have it back on the counter paired with the SS grids and a Kohler faucet. When I dropped the old sink on the sidewalk to make it easier to dispose of in garbage bags it shattered like thick plates and could see how dropping something heavy in the sink could damage it so just be careful! However, the grids are sturdy, have solid footings and are definitely top notch. They sit about 1.5" up off the surface of the tubs and I believe they would help soften any blow should something ever be accidently dropped.. highly recommend getting the grids.

• mamiller1056
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

JannaB - I am not understanding your story of "a vase was being gently washed and the base shattered the entire left large basin to pieces". I am not following what happened.

I have had heavy pots slip out of my hands while washing in my Silgranit sink and nothing happened to the sink. My sink looks like the day it was installed. Maybe it's better to have a single bowl sink.

• rrdalton10
    7 years ago

We ordered a Blanco Diamond granite composite sink and had it delivered to our house. It arrived shattered, the divide between the bowls cracked and the back edge broken in several pieces. It had minimal packing, just styrofoam edging held in place with a couple plastic straps. It, also, was rated at 45 lbs. I'm curious about the statement that your replacement was 70 lbs? Was that all extra packing or did the sink appear to be more substantial?

• D Sandridge
    7 years ago

Ive been using a black granite sink since 2003 and love it! I'm trying to find another one like it for our new home and can't. I'm sorry to hear about your frustrating problems. Mine is not a Blanco, I believe the brand is Swanstone.

• mamiller1056
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Rrdalton10 - this thread is old. The "70 lbs." comment was written in 2009, so you may not get responses from the poster who wrote that. In any case, when I bought my Silgranit sink, I read the several posts on this forum cautioning that you need to buy it from a reputable seller with good reviews who will pack the sink well. I bought my BlancoDiamond Silgranit Super Single online from Home and Stone, and the sink came double-boxed with enormous amounts of Styrofoam so that the sink was held completely inert in its packaging. The sink itself does not weigh anywhere close to 70 lbs., maybe half that. You can call Blanco's customer service number and ask them the weight of the sink.

By the way, my sink is now several years old, and still looks like the day it was installed. I have the anthracite color.

• treelover
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Having read all these reviews---and others---I suspect that there's something about the manufacturing of these composite sinks that causes the quality of individual sinks to vary drastically. The defects may be impossible to see. If you're lucky and get a good one, you probably do love it. With my luck, I'm inclined to stay away from them.

• rieppo
    6 years ago

We are in the middle of remodel hell thanks to the Blanco 441601 Diamond reverse sink. We've now gotten 3 of them delivered - all cracked! All other work is on hold because of this :( Unfortunately the slab installers had already cut the slab to fit the sink before the crack in the 1st sink was discovered so now we're stuck with going with the same model. No local store carries it. The store is now trying to send it via freight shipping company vs UPS to see if they could actually get one that isn't broken. I could see the UPS delivery people toss the packages around pretty carelessly so not sure why this company uses them for shipping.

• mtnfever (9b AZ/HZ 11)
    6 years ago

I ordered my Blanco Diamond Super Single sink from faucetdirect.com, part of the build.com sites. I also ordered a faucet and disposal. All items were strapped onto a pallet and delivered together by a freight company. No issues with my sink and I do love it. The metallic gray color goes very nicely with the SS appliances that I have.

• khinmn59
    6 years ago

I purchased my Blanco Diamond Super Single and a Precis prep sink from Build.com. It took 3 tries before I received an intact Super Single. Even though they were ordered from the same retailer, the packaging varied quite a bit. I inspected the sinks very carefully before installation to ensure there were no hairline cracks. Now that they are installed, I am very happy with them. I chose metallic gray. they are quiet and very easy to clean.

I also ordered a cast iron Kohler laundry sink that arrived damaged as well and had to be returned. Shipping is hard on these items apparently and it all depends upon how well they are packed and how careful the shipping/freight companies are with the packages.

I do have to add that I have had stainless sinks in the past and yes, dents do occur and they are noisy.

• tiulperu
    6 years ago

i have a blanco siligranite puradur sink in anthracite for one year. when pouring the pasta water in the sink i heard an explosion noise and the sink cracked. i still am negotiating replacement as it is under warrantry. please beware!! i bought this expensive sink and never imagined such a thing could happen. it is considered premium sink but if this can happen as i now read from your comments it means it is not!! a sink's purpose is to pour into it your water after cooking!!! i can't understand how this goes on without everyone knowing about it if it happens so often and is not due to faulty manufacturing

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    6 years ago

Silegranite sinks are Corian sinks with quartz instead of ATH filler. You gotta hit the disposal hole with pasta water for each.

• tiulperu
    6 years ago

thank you. i would like to know why then the technical data of the sink states clearly that the sink is 280 celsius degrees heat resistant? water boils at 100 degrees celsius. besides if it is so why does't the serious manufacturer indicate this in its instructions of use manual?

• friedajune
    6 years ago

Tiulperu - I'll repeat what I wrote in response to your other post. I am wondering whether there was already an unseen flaw in your Silgranit sink, like a tiny crack, impossible to see. The boiling water was then too much for the tiny crack to withstand. That doesn't help you other than to provide a possible reason for what happened since it is highly unusual for a Silgranit sink to do what you described. On the other thread you posted on, people were saying they pour boiling water down the sink all the time, even at the same time with ice cubes, and no problem. If you read the posts on this thread, they are saying that once installed, the sink seems to withstand everything, but that an inspection prior to installation is important since some sellers do not pack the sink properly for shipping, and the sinks can crack during shipping.

People have said often on this Forum that Blanco is very responsive to problems. Have you called Blanco to ask them about replacement? (not email them, call them)

• kazmom
    6 years ago

Joseph - are you saying that the silgranite sinks can’t withstand very hot water poured on the sink surface? If so that is very concerning to me. I am planning to buy one for our remodel and there is no way I am buying a sink that requires you to hit the drain hole with hot pasta water. There isn’t a chance that will consistently happen, especially when draining really big pots or with kids making Mac and cheese or spaghetti. I can’t believe a sink manufacturer would seriously sell a sink that couldn’t withstand hot pasta water being drained into it like that.

• ksc36
    6 years ago

Mine can, and a few of my customers have. There's always going to be a few negative reviews with even the best products.

I balance the colander on the center divider when I'm draining pasta, no cracks...

• kazmom
    6 years ago
    Ksc36 - glad to hear you have not had issues. I know there will be negative reviews, it concerns me though that Joseph C. would say that, because he is a professional and, I believe, knows what these materials can and can’t withstand. If he is saying you can’t/shouldn’t pour really hot liquid on the sink that worries me.
  • friedajune
    6 years ago

Strob06 - here is the other thread I mentioned that Tiulperu also posted on where the topic is boiling water and Silgranit sinks:

Silgranit Sink and Boiling Water

• ksc36
    6 years ago

This sink has been around for about 10 years. I don't think one unsubstantiated claim by a handyman should affect your decision. Talk to your supplier, plumber, contractor, designer, etc...

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    6 years ago

"Joseph - are you saying that the silgranite sinks can’t withstand very hot water poured on the sink surface?'

I'm saying that if I had to buy a new sink and pay a guy like me $800.00 to install it, I'd make sure I hit the disposal hole so I wouldn't ever have to.

• kazmom
    6 years ago
    I get it, my concern is that I am not the only one using the sink, and I have no way to control what anyone else does. I also can’t ensure that with the larger, heavier pots and pans I will have the control necessary to hit just the drain. If that is truly necessary it probably isn’t the sink for me.

Honestly the whole thing surprises me. I would think pouring very hot liquid in a kitchen sink would be considered standard operating procedure and any sink would be designed to withstand it.
  • User
    6 years ago

Ive had 3 Blanco diamond 1 3/4 undermount sinks delivered and they have all had cracks in them at the top middle area. I have had my granite aleady cut when they noticed the first sinks fracture. The second sink was delivered alomost broken in half. The third sink had a fracture about 4 inches long. Im frustrated because I dont know what Im supposed to do at this point. I havent even had a chance to install yet! Its been a month of waiting for my countertops and Im not even close. Dont recommend if delivery is fed ex

• friedajune
    6 years ago

Interesting first post. I doubt it's FedEx's fault. You say nothing about where you bought the sink from, or about how it was packed. Those two facts are key, and were the cause of your sink's issues.

• User
    6 years ago

You doubt it was fed ex? The second sink was definately a shipping issue. I do believe they could of had way more fragile stickers ect on it from manufacturers. There is a glass stamp on the box but maybe needs more. I blame both.

• User
    6 years ago

For more info, the sink came from Utah or Ohio, I beleive and then brought into Ontario Canada and then to my house in British Columbia. I did say that I purchased the sink from wayfair. It was delivered by fed ex the whole way because I tract it through fed ex.

• friedajune
    6 years ago

Wayfair (which you did not mention previously) is just an intermediary which buys from other sellers at the lowest price possible. You get what you pay for. You see what saving $50 did for you. Choose another seller who is a Blanco Authorized Dealer who will pack the sink better. The sink is supposed to be double-boxed and each layer stuffed with thick styrofoam. Try Home and Stone if they will ship to BC.

Blanco has a large presence in Canada. You should be able to find a Blanco Authorized Dealer in Canada.

BlancoDiamond Silgranit Sinks at Home and Stone

• User
    6 years ago

Thanks tips!

• mommyniki
    6 years ago

I have had 2 of these sinksover the last 10 years and have never been careful about draining hot liquids. Ever. I even remember when we got it that it said it would withstand temps up to 500-ish degrees. Don’t remember exactly because it was a long time ago, but it was more than I would ever get to and 500 is what I’ve always remembered. I’m getting my 3rd one when we move into our new house and can’t wait.

• B Nich
    6 years ago

Perhaps we just have poor luck, but our first Cafe Brown Blanco sink arrived via Ferguson with a 2-1/2 crack where the sink divider meets the front wall. Since it had not been installed yet, Ferguson just replaced it with a new one; although the new order did cause a delay for our new home construction.

This past weekend, I was showing a visiting family member (who was considering a siligranit Blanco sink for their home) where the crack had been in the first sink. To my horror, I discovered a similar crack (in the exact same place) in the replacement sink! Just as those who have written before, I am being told that installation costs will not be covered, yet I am not so sure I even want to try sink #3 after the first 2 have had cracks...

• tejasjewel
    6 years ago

I ordered the Blanco Valea sink from H-D and it came in broken, they re-ordered for me and two more sinks came in cracked! I called Blanco and they said that there is nothing they could do bc H-D was not an authorized dealer. SO I got a refund from H-D and re-ordered from an authorized dealer I found on the Blanco website... AND my fourth sink I ordered came in cracked! I have granite cut to match this sink and am worried about having such a delicate sink installed. Sinks should be really durable right!!?? I would not buy this product and am considering having my granite re-cut for another sink. This has pushed my kitchen re-model out a month now with all of the broken sinks, and now even longer awaiting another sink to come and be installed.

• John Anderson
    5 years ago

Bought Blanco Siligranite sink and regret ever having done so. Came with junk drain baskets. Very thin metal upper portion with plastic for all the rest. Besides that, the sink is cut to take a tapered basket rather than the flat flange setup available in stores and that was supplied with the unit. People at Bartle and Gibson (vendor) said 'what can we tell you', then suggested filling under the flange with putty.............. a 'Mickey Mouse' fix at best and one that is almost certain to lead to a leak sometime down the road. In short, the sink is cut to accept a drain basket that can not be found in this country. The metal flange supplied is too thin to provide sufficient support for a firm seal on the lower gasket using the 'fix' suggested by the vendor.

Stay away from anything supplied by Blanco!!! I've dumped the hardware that came with it in the garbage, and spent $90 on a more solid replacement, but even that does not fit properly in the tapered seat. A Mickey Mouse effort from the start. Definitely not happy with this product.

• kazmom
    5 years ago

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with your sink. We installed a Blanco Silgranite sink with our remodel this summer and couldn’t be happier! I LOVE my sink and there was nothing “cheap” about any of the parts that came with it. Our sink works and looks great and I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Sorry again that you didn’t like your sink.

• John Anderson
    5 years ago

Must be something strange going on regionally. I checked the stock at B&G............. same thing. Cheap foil thin basket with plastic for the rest of it. Spent an additional $80 at home depot to get solid brass that might stand a chance of lasting. Still uneasy about the mismatched seat. I really do not like assembling junk! I won't be recommending Blanco................ in fact, will make a point of spreading the word.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

"Stay away from anything supplied by Blanco!!!"

The Blanco 440104 is one of the finest stainless steel sinks available. It fits a Kohler cutout well enough to not require alterations. I've sold several and have yet to hear any negative feedback.

You may want to try some qualifiers.

• Ashley R
    3 years ago

Blanco sinks are garbage! I purchased the Siligrant (despite some bad reviews) and I regret it more than any decision I made. It stains. It scratches. It looks terrible after less than 6 months of being VERY CAREFUL with everything that touches the sink. Which by itself, is a rip-off. If this sink is so durable, scratch-resistant, stain-resistant, etc. Why do you have to thoroughly clean and dry every inch after every use?? It doesn’t matter how diligent you are cleaning this sink, IT STAINS. PERIOD. Everything stains this sink. The Blanco cleaner does nothing. Baking soda and “elbow grease” does nothing. Even the protective grates sole by Blanco to “protect” the sink left a stain! That’s right, the Blanco grate feet stain the bottom of the sink. It’s all garbage. Blanco warranty is garbage too. I sent pictures to Blanco customer service and demanded a refund. Of course, they denied me any form of customer service. I was told the warranty doesn’t cover scratches and stains. I wasn’t trying to make a warranty claim. I want a refund for a deceptive marketing claims. Every single selling point of this sink is a bold lie. It stains worse than any surface I’ve ever handled in my life. It looks dingy. It scratches and it is certainly NOT low maintenance! Blanco should be ashamed of themselves and don’t be fooled by their team of sales reps that troll this app looking for bad press. They’ll chime in with a long, detailed story of how great their sink is...Bla bla bla. If you look at the profile you’ll likely find that they sell Blanco or work for a builder that sells Blanco, even worse, they will have no other activity except with other BLANO affiliates or reps. Houzz is quite as bad as Amazon or google reviews, but it’s getting close. Pay no special attention to the “PRO” tag when they are pushing a specific brand or going against a very popular opinion. More likely than not, they have skin in the game.

Blanco does most business on wayfair and build.com now...and that’s because real industry professionals, builders, designers, etc. don’t recommend Blanco. It’s low end with big prices, treading on the “made in Germany” coat tail. Worst sink ever. Bye Blanco. Eventually, they’ll be contracting with builders for college dorm bathrooms. Bye Blanco.

• kazmom
    3 years ago

Curious what color you got? We have had a light brown/grey one for about 2 years and have had no issues with staining or scratches. I have heard some say the lighter ones are harder to keep clean.

• M Miller
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

@kazmom - don’t bother asking @Ashley R any questions. She just buzzes in occasionally to old threads on this forum to slam Blanco Silgranit with the same scripted post. She never responds to any questions. It’s classic trolling. Her posts have been flagged and removed a couple times already.

• Ashley R
    3 years ago

M Miller- when simply stating the facts, it is indeed repetitive. Scripted on the other hand? Which posts of mine have been flagged and removed? Perhaps those that introduced you to the word “trolling” or was or the email thread between myself and a Blanco Representative?

My reviews, comments, and opinions will remain consistent because they are simply facts and my lack of presence in and around social media platforms is the result of having a life and career in the real world...one that does not require marketing low-end sinks with a fake identity.

I really don’t care about you or your sinks and everyone who buys one will eventually see for themselves. Wow! Then you’ll really have your work cut out for you.

• loves2cook46
    3 years ago

Just an fyi, we have two black silgranite sinks by Blanco that were installed in 2012. Granted, they are BLACK, so staining has not been an issue, we do not wipe them down after every use, and I am very happy with them. I would buy them again. But having read this thread and Ashley's comments, I would not buy a lighter colored version.

These sinks are pretty inexpensive compared to the cost of the kitchen as well as some other sinks. At this point in your journey @Ashley R, why not just replace it and move on to enjoy your new kitchen? Once you remove the sink you won't have the daily reminder of your horrible experience dealing with Blanco.

• Shannon_WI
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

@loves2cook46 - we actually don’t know the color of @Ashley R’s sink. She has never answered that question in her numerous flaming posts on this forum. We’ve also had a few posters on this forum go to Blanco under their warranty, and Blanco has provided entirely new sinks each time. So her story is suspect. Also, @Ashley R has not provided a photo, or said which model sink she has. Given her tone, the kinds of words and phrases she uses, it does seem it’s all fake, and just meant to start arguments.

• James Jones
    2 years ago

Great post on the Silgranit sink. Any designers who are still recommending this sink either do not care about their customers, are getting paid by Blanco to defend it, or are complicit in this problem. This is a known issue and blanco should pay for removal and installation of a non-defective product. That is my opinion and i would love to argue with any pros who are recommending this garbage product.

• HU-357855819
    5 months ago

Very pretty, nice to look at .Just don’t actually use it like any normal household sink.

It chips, it stains. The bottom is almost flat. BIG $$$ MISTAKE.

High end ?? Not hardly.

• HU-700785002
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

I have a black Blanco sink, and I hate it! It has a grayish film all around the perimeter that won’t come clean. It looks horrible! I tried cleaning it with Bar Keepers Friend which is recommended, called the company and did what they advised, and still the film is still there. I am embarrassed to own one of these sinks! Here is a picture:

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    3 months ago

HU:

You're not getting rowdy enough. Hit that sink with a 100 grit abrasive pad on a cheap small random orbital sander please. Go to a 220, 300, and a red Scotch Brite pad. It will look new and you can't screw it up.