SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mystremom

Schock-Houzer Granite Sink vs. Blanco Silgranit

mystremom
12 years ago

Hi there, I'm new to these forums and want to know if anyone has a Schock-Houzer Granite Sink (either the Cristadur or Cristalite+). I've read many positive reviews about the Blanco Silgranit sinks and want a comparison between the two.

I visited 4 local showrooms here, and have seen the Blanco sinks in 3 of them and the Houzer in just 1. I was told that the Houzer granite sink is pretty new in the US with only about a 6 month history. The feel of the Houzer granite sink felt smoother/silkier than the Blanco sink. The sales rep. I talked to had just seen a demo model brought in, and had a brand new-in-box one they let me see/feel. She said she sells alot of Blancos, but was very impressed with the Houzer and feels it will be comparable and competitive with the Blanco...but of course can't speak for long term reliability or use yet.

I am looking for ANY feedback on the Houzer granite sinks. Unfortunately, I need to buy a new sink pretty soon. I had been set on the Blanco because of my sink needs, reviews, and overwhelming positive feedback on this site - but I'd like to consider other options too.

Another side note...unlike many of you who have beautiful granite countertops, I have corian countertops (looks solid med. tan but has light & dark brown speckles), oak cabinets, and just upgraded to SS/black appliances from bisque colored ones. If I go with Blanco, I am looking at the Metallic Gray Blanco color, but am interested in Truffle too. I like the speckled Met. Gray color since I thought it would complement the SS/black appliances, but can't decide if that will be too weird with the speckled tan countertops. Not sure how the Truffle will be either. I do have the sample cards of each but they are so small and sometimes differ with the actual sink color. What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (40)