SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colorfast

Painting Teen Boy's Room Red

colorfast
13 years ago

Hi, I am painting my teen son's room the first time since he was 4. Have done two coats of white blocking primer (Miller).

To give you an idea of his room, it's about 10x12 and he has some pine furniture not unlike one of the bedrooms featured on Benjamin Moore's site, called "Study Zone" with light pine furniture. (not sure if urls are allowed here). His room has a large window w/morning light.

He has settled on red, and we are down to some finalists. I would like anyone's opinion on these particular colors and also the brands. I have always done Miller (here in the NW, it's all a lot of us use) and I just have little experience with other paints. But we did not find a red Miller (or Devine) that quite worked.

So here are the finalists:

Top choice Ralph Lauren Hunting Red TH43

Second Choice: RL Chimoyo Red TH46

Third choice: Confederate Red from Benjamin Moore

We have the paint chips from RL. Have seen mixed reviews on this paint, but figure Miller would not sell it if it were not okay and had great luck with the Devine line they sell. Have read not to ask to put the reds into a different base than the company that sells it. Is this correct? Also, let me know any tips on painting reds and if RL is a bad idea.

Thanks!

Comments (10)