SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissastar

sorta weird kitchen remodel---part two

melissastar
14 years ago

OK...so we've tweaked the design of that sorta-weird rowhouse kitchen remodel , adding two feet to the addition. It isn't going to do anything for the folks who think putting the entrance to a 1/2 bath in the "middle" of a kitchen is yucky. But for me, it makes the layout of the working/food prep kitchen more spacious and separates even more this kitchen from the scullery in the back, with the 1/2 bath between.

The bottom line is that there is NO good solution to the 1/2 bath placement issue--it'll either block the light and view through the house, be right off the 'eating" area or where I've got it. I've decided that this one is the best option for me and my lifestyle.

I am interested in suggestions about the rest of the layout and any other problems I might be overlooking. I've attached a link to the updated layout...but note please that the "table" along the "bottom" wall won't be there. For some reason the designer stuck it in there and I can't get it off the plan. All that will go along that stretch of wall is a pretty baker's rack and perhaps the cat's dish!

Here is a link that might be useful: Old Baltimore rowhouse kitchen remodel

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022