SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
p_ball2

Don't buy pottery barn hardware!!!!

p.ball2
11 years ago

I am quite frustrated right now. I ended up purchasing pottery barn icebox latches for several of the cabinets in my kitchen. I found the latches on-line in November and ordered a sample one to see how the quality was. The quality of the latch was decent so I ordered the number I needed. About a month ago I decided that to be safe I should order extras for if one ever breaks or god forbid is discontinued. I went on-line and ordered three more. My order said "available for immediate shipping". When they did not arrive about two weeks later I went on-line to check order status and it said "back ordered". This should have been my warning!. Today I went to check and found that the status was changed to "cancelled". I called pottery barn and the service person said that item has been discontinued. I said what? When i ordered they were available. Why did I not receive ANY communication from PB about this? She of course apologized. I said well how am I supposed to replace this latch if it ever breaks? She said I am sorry but when pottery barn discontinues an item such as hardware they destroy the mold so it can no longer be made. I said your company sucks and has left me without any way to remedy the problem should I ever need replacement. You should have noted that this item was being discontinued on the website.

I told her I would not be ordering hardware from PB ever again and that I planned to let lots of people aware of this policy. BTW they only carried this item for less than a year. She said she would note my complaint in their computer. As if they truly care....

Partly venting but also trying to prevent another person from making my foolish mistake. Should have gone with the cliff side industry latch!!

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!