SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisaa007

Does upholstered furniture from Ikea, Pottery Barn, etc hold up?

lisa_a
11 years ago

After a mere 27 years ;-) the couch in the bonus room has had it. It wasn't top quality - made by Rowe, bought at Levitz - but boy, howdy did I ever get my money's worth out of it! We don't want to spend a lot on its replacement since we won't need it when we downsize sometime in the next 5-10 years. However, we also don't want to go so cheap that whatever we buy won't last even though the couch won't see heavy use now that the kids are almost grown and gone.

I'd love to hear about your experiences with upholstered furniture purchased from low priced Ikea to mid-range Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrel and similar places. Would you purchase upholstered furniture from any of these places again?

I have considered CL but we're limited to a modest-sized sectional because of the way the hallway and doorway line up (large items have to go in at an angle, barely got the couch that's in there now in there and it's slim-lined compared to many of today's couches). Finding something we like that will also go through the doorway will be hit or miss.

TIA!

Comments (18)