SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gilmoregal

Pottery Barn Train (Towel) Rack - Worth the Splurge?

gilmoregal
12 years ago

We just finished a 'face-lift' on our house - repainted everything (including all cabinetry and woodwork), new carpet, window treatments, lighting, kitchen countertops/appliances, etc. For budget reasons, we will wait awhile to do the bathrooms. They need new countertops, floors, and tub/shower tile, but for now we just repainted walls/cabinetry and replaced cabinet hardware.

In our hall bath (which is also the only guest bath), I plan to put in a train rack over the toilet. The new light fixture and cabinet hardware are polished nickel, and I think the Mercer Train Rack from Pottery Barn would look great in that space. But the $169 price just seems a little steep. I have looked at some others, but in comparison to the Mercer, I just don't like any as well.

Does anyone have the Mercer and can tell me how it is holding up? Do you think that the quality justifies the price? Or are we just paying for the Pottery Barn name?

Also - for those of you who have the Mercer or other train racks - do you find that they are 'head-knockers'? My two sons (both over 6')use that bathroom, so that is a consideration....

Thanks so much for any input.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio