SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Nancy's Mixer gets a good workout!

annie1992
16 years ago

Some of you may remember that Nancy and Kim gave me a wonderful gift last summer, a Kitchen Aid mixer that they had replaced with a newer, bigger one.

This last week the mixer got a good workout. I made three birthday cakes, including a four layer "Funfetti" cake for Makayla, heartshaped with fuschia and purple frosting and decorated with TinkerBell. Bud got the banana cake posted by jgarner from Rose Levy Birnbaum, with cream cheese frosting. Amanda got a dark chocolate cake with peanut butter fudge frosting. All the cakes and all that buttercream frosting got whipped up lickety split in that Kitchen Aid, with only a small sugar slick to be dealt with, LOL.

Here is Makayla's cake, she requested "Funfetti" from a mix, ugh, with lots of pink frosting.

Bud wanted "trucks" so his cake became a construction zone with Oreo Cookie crumbs for a road and a pile of those crumbs for the loader to load into the dump truck:

Amanda? She really only likes the peanut butter fudge frosting, but I took the leftover purple from Makayla's cake and made some small rosebuds on hers.

All that mixing and baking and frosting took several hours but I sure appreciated that mixer, so thank you, Nancy, once again. The thing sure earned its counter space this weekend!

Annie

Comments (17)