SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bac717gw

Help me dress up this old china cabinet

bac717
15 years ago

I just acquired this old china cabinet.

It was in the house my 85yo mom grew up in and for at least the past 20 years has been stored in my mom's basement. I plan to use it in a room in our finished basement we use as an office and my sewing room. I want to use it primarily for storing my sewing supplies. I'm thinking about covering up part of the glass door in order to conceal some of the things that are not so pretty. It has 3 shelves altho it appears that originally there were only 2. The edge of the third shelf, as you can see in my picture, does not match the rest of the wood. I thinking of using some type of lace, gathered on small rods mounted on the inside of the door.

So, after all that explaination, here are my questions. What do you think of my idea to cover part of the glass in the door? If I do that, should I expose only the top shelf or should I show 2 shelves? What do you think of the lace idea? I went to the fabric store today, but didn't find anything in the home decor fabrics that I thought would be suitable. If I don't use lace, what else could I use?

Thanks for your help.

Comments (15)