SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Would you, could you, have *only* sconce lighting in a hall?

Sueb20
14 years ago

As I have mentioned before, we're renovating our beach cottage. Basically ripping off the second floor and rebuilding/expanding it. When it's done, we will have 4 bedrooms and a bath off the 2nd floor hall. The hallway will have two windows and a skylight, so it will be bright during the day. It will be a fairly wide hall, so we could have sconce lighting along one wall. The architect/GC is thinking we may want to have overhead recessed lighting as well, but I'm not sure we need THAT much lighting. How much light does one need in a hallway? Does anyone out there have only sconce lighting in a hall? Here at home, DS has an attic bedroom with a dark stairway (no windows) going up to his room, with one sconce on the wall partway up the stairs, and that is plenty of light for that space. So I'm thinking I don't need overhead lighting. What do you think? The entire hall will be approx. 20' long and I'm thinking maybe 4 fixtures. P.S. The wall color will be light, trim will be white, and floors will be light- to medium-toned hardwood.

Comments (9)