SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Late, but a great time with CF friends.

annie1992
13 years ago

Yes, I'm late, but I've been busy, LOL. The week before the wedding, I went north for a training conference. Way north. So far north that I was near Nancy and Kim. Of course, we had to have supper, so we went to a northern landmark, the "Legs Inn". It's a Polish restaurant that has managed to get itself mentioned in the New York Times, the Chicago Tribune and various other places, and it's named for the line of stove legs along the roof's edge.

So, here were my dinner companions:

I had "Taste of Poland", which included a cabbage roll, periogies and sauerkraut and polish sausage along with green beans and carrots. They served freshly baked rye bread with everything. Yup, I took some back to my hotel for later!

Kim had the goulash, we all tasted and it was very good, a mildly spicy mix of falling-apart-tender beef and pork, served over a potato pancake, I forget the Polish name:

the decor is somewhat eclectic:

The gardens out back are beautiful and if it were warmer we'd have eaten there, overlooking The Lake:

We stopped at a small, local, organic farmer's market:

They had lots of activities:

We were a bit pressed for time, so I didn't buy anything, but went back the next day and bought these:

{{gwi:2074213}}

{{gwi:2074214}}

I also went to another farmer's market outside of Petosky that Nancy told me about:

Can you tell that it's fall in Michigan, with all those squash, gourds and pumpkins? And I bought this rutabaga, it cost 85 cents. I ate it for a week and wished I'd have bought another one!

{{gwi:2074220}}

The next evening I headed back home, with some fresh apples and a container of freshly fried Lake Perch in the seat next to me for munching and my leftovers safely packed in a cooler.

So, better late than never! Thanks to Nancy and Kim, we drove through the Tunnel of Trees, which the travel magazines list as one of the most beautiful drives in America. I agree. The weather was perfect, the farm markets were overflowing with produce and the scenery was beautiful. The company, however, was the best part.

Thanks, Nancy, I'll be back North to check out your new kitchen when you're done!

Annie

Comments (35)