SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mustangsh_gw

More questions of Cabinet Coat

mustangsh
17 years ago

Hoping you guys can help me out. I'm considering painting my pickled ash kitchen cabinets. I would like the most durable finish possible (3 kids ). The previous post make cabinet coat seem the way to go. I have limited experience with oil - painted my daughters 2 bookcases over Christmas and it was not fun; and cabinet coat is completely new to me. Hopefully someone can help me with the following:

1. I've seen conflicting posts about priming prior to use with cabinet coat. I understand cleaning and sanding are a must but is priming a must as well?

2. Can you have cabinet coat tinted to lets say a Sherwin Williams shade (or approx. close to one)? I'm looking for a off white but not antique.

3. Can you put a glaze (antiquing or distressing) over cabinet coat? If so would you use a latex or oil?

Thank you in advance for your help! I really would like to attempt this job on my own. I can be fairly handy, but there is something very daunting about painting your kitchen cabinets... I don't want to mess it up. :)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio