SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karoloke_gw

Just bought my Cabinet Coat and have yet more questions.

karoloke
16 years ago

Paint clumps: I just bought it last night and opened the can this morning. When I stirred it I could see little clumps in the paint and on the lid. I had to pick some of the flecks of paint off the practice board I did. Is that normal for this paint? Does that indicate that the paint was old, or could have clumped up in the half hour or so it took the guy to get the color right? How do I deal with the flecks that come off when I paint for real?

The store only had it in a satin finish. Is that all it comes in, and is it very cleanable?

Priming over high gloss oil: I just found the detailed version of Michaels instructions (a godsend -thanks, Michael!) which said to prime, but in an earlier post was told no need with CC, so I'm wondering which would give the better result (over high gloss oil).

The cabinet doors are flat in the center with a sculpted picture frame moulding around the edge.. Should I paint the edge first before the center, and do I need to let the edge dry before doing the center?

So many questions for what I thought would be a simple paint job! Can you tell I'm nervous about this?! Thanks again so much for your help!

Comments (5)