SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sorriso_gw

Please help me decide on the paint color for my kitchen

sorriso
16 years ago

I am absolutely horrid at choosing colors so I turn to you, a group with fabulous ideas and results. I can tell you that I love warm colors and the only two paint colors that I presently have and love are Behr Oat Straw (master bedroom and adjoining bath) and Benjamin Moore Yosemite Sand (upstairs bedroom). The entire house has white woodwork which is good.

Here's what I'm working with in our DIY kitchen reno. The cabinets are natural cherry in a galley style set-up with one side along the wall and the other is an island. Beyond the island is a small living area with large windows on three walls. There really isn't a lot of wall space.

On the island will be a dark green granite (I'm ashamed to say I can't remember its name) and on the cabinet run is the slate looking Corian. The floor in the kitchen area is 12" tile in sandy tones. The appliances, faucet and cabinet pulls and knobs will be stainless. The sink is white farmhouse. The backsplash will be white subway tile. The living area of the room will be carpeted and I have not chosen that yet. Pendants over the island are antique and brass with glass shades (hopefully I'm not committing a major decorating nightmare with the clashing metals!).

Finally, we are planning on selling the house so I'm not willing to put up anything too bold.

What else can I tell you? Let me know if I've left something out.

Thank you!

Linda

Comments (6)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm