SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Bought my lyre coffee table today - revisiting layout

Valerie Noronha
16 years ago

I finally was able to purchase a Duncan Phyfe lyre style coffee table for my dining room. It's not quite like the one that squirrel added and that would've been my first choice. It has drop leaf ends so the lyres are not as visable unless the leaves are up and that makes for a LONG coffee table; BUT it does have glass inserts which I like so that I don't have to set out coasters when I serve drinks. All and all, I am very happy and price was right at $100.

Here it is:

{{gwi:1607037}}

{{gwi:1607038}}

So now I am revisiting my layout as I was never quite satisfied with the piano wall. Now that the coffee table is there, it seems cramped with the ottoman in front of the chair. I wondering if I should not put the ottomans in front of the chairs and just leave one in the room. I would really love to see squirrel and Les agree on an arrangement as you both have a wonderful sense of space and design! I also don't think I will have room for a console table behind the sofa so am thinking of skipping it.

With ottoman:

{{gwi:1607040}}

Without:

{{gwi:1607042}}

Piano wall:

{{gwi:1607044}}

I am still searching for a rug for this room. I had found an amazing vintage Persian hunting carpet on CL (again) for sale by a lovely Persian lady; only there is some question whether or not the family wishes to sell. I posted on my thread about Chinese rugs all about it which I'll link here (see posting on Feb 23). Only now I just can't get the rug out of my mind, but realistically I do think I should start considering some other options--though she has not said no yet either.

{{gwi:1607046}}

Do you think I should just move on and find something else (in that price range) or is this something really special I should hold off until the family comes to some resolution? I will say that the rug is with this lady, her mother is in another part of the state and the sister who objected was visiting the mother at the time, mother was upset because her beloved cat was sick so didn't want to deal with it then and said 'just wait.' The seller wants to sell to someone who loves and appreciates her rug and I think she wants to have a relationship with the buyer so she can 'visit' her rug. We've shared some wonderful emails and I do feel like I've made a new friend--but family is family. This is the oddest CL experience I've had.

Here is a link that might be useful: Persian Rug

Comments (47)