SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jcrowley99_gw

Our deck is finally done...take two!

jcrowley99
15 years ago

I typed this in and my computer freaked out, so here I go again!

We started work on a new deck in the begining of June and just finish it this week, I thought we would never get done. I feel like I should apologize to anyone here in IL whose basement of yard flooded this summer, it was probobly our fault! LOL! Every time we started working on the deck it started raining. I was starting to think we should build an ark instead! Be forewarned, we are planning to relandscape the yard in the spring, so there will probobly be a lot of rain then too! Anyway, here is our deck. It is cedar, 30' by 20'. My BIL designed it, and he did most of the building. We did have a contractor dig the postholes and pour the footers, there are 15 of them and that is a ton of work! By the way, the handsome gent in the chair is my hubby! And the large table in front of the deck will be my new potting table that will be behind the garage. My BIL built it before they started the deck so they could mount the saws on it while they were working.

The decking is laid at a 45 degree angle. Now we just have to get it sealed.

I also just finished a quilt I have been working on for a sick friend. I'll put that picture here too. I've been wanting to try this particular log cabin design for a few years but have not had a chance. I think it came out nice, I might make another with this pattern.

So now that things should be getting quieter, I might actually have time to spend here on the forum again. Yeah!

Joanne

Comments (14)