SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sadfiance

My family hates my fianc�!!!

sadfiance
9 years ago

HELP!! I don't know what to do. I am engaged to a man that loves me unconditionally he is the only person in the world who knows my secrets he gets me and I am completely in love with him. That being said, he is kind of cocky and does enjoy talking about himself which I understand can be annoying. I have a large and loud outspoken family and they have no issue with telling him to shut up. This is usually done in good humor but at times they can be rude about it and I know it hurts and frustrates him. This past weekend we all went camping and to a concert over 5 days. To say things were tense is an understatement. It all started when my fianc� was going in to give my aunt a hug she ran away from him and jumped into her car he then followed her and layed on the hood which apparently caused a dent. He said that he would pay to fix it and that issue was done. The rest of the weekend they were all picking on him (which they do to everyone but if you're not used to it and don't understand it can be hurtful) one night him and my mom got into an argument bc he stubbed his toe and they all laughed and called him a baby which really bothered him. It ended with h telling me he was done with my family and couldn't handle it any more. The next day he was more or less over it. Today after we all got home my mom called me up telling me I needed to do something about him bc he was too much of a baby and if he can't handle them joking with him then she was going to get mad. She also basically told me that the whole group (10 family members) all felt the same way and all said that I am overly jealous and never leave him be. I am extremely upset bc my fianc� already dislikes how my mom treats me.... I am her only child and she smothers me and guilts me into always taking her side, she also drinks a lot and he doesn't really like that. I don't know what to do she told me if I don't tell him to basically shut up and take their abuse that she will end up "cracking him" bc he has a hot temper with her and can become disrespectful after being pushed and pushed. I feel like it's starting to become and real problem and that I am going to have to ultimately choose between the two most important parts of my life.. My fianc� and my family... What do I do :(

Comments (4)

Sponsored