SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dawn1968_gw

Am I selfish

dawn1968
15 years ago

I have two daughters 14 and 11 who are involved in a traveling softball club team and my husband is obsessed with softball.

When we moved into our town my daughters played on our towns league which was manageable. During the towns leagues he was asked by a private team to have my oldest try out for this "club" team which is not affiliated with the town at all. He took her down for tryouts and she was accepted to play on the team which was a huge compliment for her and of course for my husband. That was three years ago. Since then my entire family life has revolved around softball. WeÂve played in the Fall, Spring and Summer leagues, weÂve only had a few weeks off in the winter, and this past summer league between my 11 and 14 yr old theyÂve played over 60 games at various time and places, most of which are every night after work start at 6 or 8 or both (double headers) and every weekend (Friday night  Sunday late afternoon or early PM) Games start end of April and go until the last week of July. Which leaves only August to get in some bbqs, weekend trips, and beach or pool time?

I like the sport but donÂt love it, but I feel very guilty when I donÂt go or am looked at with three heads by the other moms if I donÂt attend a few games. IÂm very conscience about eating healthy and like to cook for my family almost every other night was eating out.

Please tell me am I being selfish for wanting more for my family, wanting to show my girls other activities besides softball. My husband says this is the only window of opportunity he has with the girls to be as involved with them as he has, b/c after this window closes it will be mostly doing "stuff" with mom or girlie type things.. which I think is unfair because we involve him in everything we do.

Comments (12)

Sponsored