SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terrie_malinak

Aura roller marks & painters tape issue

terrie_malinak
15 years ago

Hi there. I know there are several posts regarding BM Aura but I think this is a new topic.

We have painted with Aura several times and have been attempting to apply Wenge (dark dark purple) to new drywall. I did not check here first and did NOT prime per my store's instructions. I have applied multiple coats of this color to 3 walls and can not get rid of roller marks. I have contacted the store and had them reformulate the color as well as tried various techniques of long rolls vs "W" and thick paint vs average. Any tips? I will admit I am guilty of going back over an area but this is within a few minutes of applying the pain and generally just to even out where it appears heavy. Is this the problem? I have never had this issue with any of the other colors we've used.

Also, 2nd issue - blue painters tape lifted the paint (Hush color Aura) and drywall!!! This happened along the entire perimeter. I do not normally tape however I was painting white trim and wanted an exceptionally neat edge. Any thoughts.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Comments (16)