SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aprilmack

Overwhelmed with decision making process in kitchen. Help please!

aprilmack
12 years ago

Hello all,

A few months ago I posted my layout asking for help. Lisa_a provided me with exceptional layout options but after doing a little digging I think those options may be too costly. Moving the doors in those options seemed like a fantastic idea until I found out there was hvac, plumbing, and electrical in those walls.

Here's the existing layout:

Here's the layout me and the cabinet maker came up with. Please let me know what you think. Most importantly do you think it's too crowded? I have all of the appliances already.

(This would be placed on the wall shown in the top right corner.)

Also, here's my floorplan.

I currently have a hodge podge of flooring on this level of the house. The living room/dining room are hardwood, the entry is laminate that looks like gray tile, the kitchen has vinyl sheet flooring, the office has carpeting, and the family room has wood parquet floors. The stairway leading upstairs is also hardwood. I've explored every type of floor out there and I'm still confused about what to choose. Should I redo the kitchen and foyer OR kitchen, foyer, and family room to get continuity in the flooring.

It's been six months and I still don't have any idea as far as direction is concerned. Wise ones, please help!

Comments (7)